Reading comprehension worksheets for grade 6 are texts or stories written specifically for 6th grade students to read and understand. These worksheets are designed to help 6th grade students practice and improve their reading comprehension skills, which involve understanding and interpreting the meaning of what they read.
Reading comprehension worksheets for grade 6 may cover a variety of topics and genres, including fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. They may also include illustrations and other visual aids to help students understand the content of the passage.
Reading comprehension worksheets for grade 6 are usually accompanied by questions that test the students’ understanding of the passage. These questions may ask about specific details, main ideas, and inferences that can be drawn from the text.
Overall, reading comprehension worksheets for grade 6 are an important tool for helping students develop their reading skills and improve their understanding of written texts.
Here is an example of a reading comprehension passage for grade 6:
Title: “The Solar System”
Our solar system consists of the sun and all the objects that orbit around it. The sun is the center of our solar system and is a star. It is the closest star to Earth and is the most important source of light and heat for our planet.
There are eight planets in our solar system: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune. The four planets closest to the sun are called the terrestrial planets. These planets are made up of rock and metal and are similar to Earth. The four outer planets are called the gas giants. These planets are much larger than the terrestrial planets and are made up of gas and ice.
There are also many smaller objects in our solar system, such as asteroids, comets, and dwarf planets. Some of these objects orbit the sun, while others orbit around the gas giants.
- What is the solar system made up of?
- How many planets are in the solar system?
- What are the four planets closest to the sun called?
- What are the four outer planets called?
- What are some smaller objects in the solar system?
- The solar system is made up of the sun and all the objects that orbit around it.
- There are eight planets in the solar system.
- The four planets closest to the sun are called the terrestrial planets.
- The four outer planets are called the gas giants.
- Some smaller objects in the solar system include asteroids, comets, and dwarf planets.